Johnny Depp’s salary has been reduced a lot since the scandal with his ex-wife. He’s also been dropped from many new and old film projects.
Johnny Depp’s agent has revealed how much the star will earn if he shoots “Pirates of the Caribbean 6” as well as how much he has been paid for some of his recent works.
Recently, during Johnny Depp’s defamation trial against his ex-wife, actress Amber Heard, his agent, Jack Whigham (who represents Johnny at Creative Artists Agency), revealed information when questioned at the beginning of the month about the amount of money the actor received in movies from 2017 onwards. In which, notable are films such as Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Murder on the Orient Express, City of Lies, Waiting for the Barbarians.
Specifically, Johnny Depp’s salary in the past 5 years is as follows:
- Murder on the Orient Express (2017): 10 million USD.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018): $13.5 million.
- City of Lies (2018): 8 million USD.
- Waiting for the Barbarians (2019): $1 million.
- Minamata (2020): 3 million USD (according to Johnny Depp’s representative, the actor must cut his salary to help the project).
- Pirates of the Caribbean 6: According to the agent, Johnny Depp can receive up to 22.5 million USD if he plays this movie. However, the film was never made because Disney changed plans due to the influence of his and Amber Heard’s noise.
Looking at Johnny Depp’s salary over the years, it can be seen that he suffered a sharp decrease in remuneration from 2018 to 2019. In 2020, the salary will increase again but still not much compared to 2017 and 2018.
As for “Pirates of the Caribbean 6”, the actor did not receive any salary because the project was changed.