Oh, Canada. From its beautiful scenery to its multicultural populace, there is much to adore about our nation. It is one of the most magical sites in the world due to its singular blend of natural beauty and strange history.
Here are 30 Weird facts about Canada that demonstrate why it is the most fascinating nation ever:
1. On February 15, 1965, 100 years after becoming a nation, Canada finally adopted its own flag.
2. The Canadian Oxford Dictionary recognizes the well-known Canadian interjection “eh” as a real word.
3. The only place where it could do that in one hour is Canada! (Search for Pincher Creek, Alberta in 1962!)
4. A massive $1 million gold loonie consisting of 99.9% pure gold was once produced by the Royal Canadian Mint.
5. Any letter, written in any language, may be sent to the North Pole in H0H 0H0, Canada, and will be answered by Santa Claus.
6. Canada has territory on Mars. kind of In recognition of the town of Gander, Newfoundland’s contributions to space science, a crater on the planet bears its name.
7. More than 77% of the maple syrup produced worldwide is made in Quebec.
8. The locals of Nanaimo, British Columbia As part of an annual aquatic custom, people race their bathtubs.
9. Superman and Wolverine are only two of the superheroes created by Canadians that are among the most well-known in the entire globe.
10. Nevertheless, it is against the law in Canada to publish comics that feature illegal activity.
11. With the United States, Canada has the longest demilitarized border in the world.
12. The greatest organization of garter snakes in the world is found in Canada at the Narcisse Snake Pits of Manitoba.
13. Highway overpasses in Alberta’s Banff National Park have trees and plants growing on them because they are designed for wildlife.
14. Canada has the most lakes of any country and has 20% of the world’s fresh water.
15. 1-800-O-Canada is the country of Canada’s toll-free number is one of the most Weird Canada Facts
16. Smith is the most popular last name in Canada.
17. In jest, “goose” is the third official language of Canada. However, Canadian geese do have up to 13 unique animal cries that are all uniquely their own.
18. The Loch Ness Monster-like mythical creature known as Ogopogo is said to reside in Lake Okanagan in British Columbia.
19. Despite the fact that Canadians like hockey, lacrosse, a First Nations sport, is the country’s official sport.
20. Entry into Canada is prohibited for both the Westboro Baptist Church and its members.
21. Not the Hawaiians, but a man from Ontario invented Hawaiian pizza.
22. You can run on the sea floor at the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia, but you have to get across before the 100 billion tons of water surge back!
23. The Hudson Bay region contains a location with lower gravity than the rest of the world.
24. Canada has dense forests and trees that cover up to 30% of the country.
25. Canada’s prostitution laws are murky; while purchasing sexual services is illegal, selling them is permitted under certain circumstances (if that makes any sense at all…).
26. Snag, Yukon Territory, had the coldest temperature ever measured in Canada, at minus 63C.
27. American forces twice attacked Canada, in 1775 and 1812.
28. The Rogers Centre in Toronto houses the largest Sony big-screen television.
29. More mac and cheese is consumed in Canada than anywhere else in the world.
30. Old Quebec, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is still walled off.
There are some Weird Canada Facts. Do you add anything?