Auckland, New Zealand has many to offer when it comes to Christmas, from the Christmas lights on Auckland street to things to do in Auckland such as buying pine trees.
Christmas Lights Auckland Streets
Lucky for the citizens, Auckland always goes big when decorating the streets with Christmas lights. Here are some sights you must see when visiting this city during the holiday season.
Franklin Road is finally back in all its joyful glory! After 2 years of postponing, the road is going to hold a light display on the 1st of December.
When coming here, you’ll hardly see a single house that doesn’t partake in the festivals. This lights up the whole street and creates a glamorous sight.
Let’s take a walk so that you can immerse yourself in gardens covered in baubles. Along with that are carollers echoing from the front doors, and even a bit of fake snow.
The site will be in its full feast mode starting from the 7th of December. You’ll have a chance to see a light-filled and magical wonderland in the lead-up to Xmas.
The heritage buildings here look even prettier when wrapped in Christmas lights. Live music shows will add to the celebrations. So, remember to buy tickets in order to join this famous concert while enjoying Christmas lights in Auckland.
The Karaka Lakes Christmas lights are one of the famous spots in South Auckland. There are usually an elegant light and music concert at 20 Cornwall Place. Residents here always be showing their backing for the holiday season. Besides, they have their own taste in elaborating Christmas light displays and ornaments.
Torbay Christmas Lights Display
This hearty dose of joyful cheer is a legend in terms of Christmas lights on Auckland street. As far as we know, the whole thing takes up to over a month to organize.
Along with alluring lights, they also host a choir. All they need in return is a little contribution. The revenue then will go to a cause of their choice, the last recipient was Starship Children’s Hospital.
Glenbrook Vintage Railway
Glenbrook Vintage Railway is going to be entirely lit this Christmas. And there will certainly be the captivating heritage trains as usual.
People tend to decorate the railway from the 9th of November. First, they’ll be decking out the station and nearby towers in full festive dress. Then, it’s time to put on Christmas markets, and entertainment. Finally, the spotlight is the yearly Counties Power Christmas Lights, Trains At Night affair.
Christmas Things To Do In Auckland
Besides strolling on the streets to watch the Christmas lights in Auckland, there are things to try as well. Let’s add more fun to your trip at this most beautiful time of the year!
- Send your own letter to Father Christmas with Santa’s Mail Machine at Commercial Bay. Mailboxes are available from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on a daily basis
- Explore the magical Santa’s Enchanted Forest at the Queen Street department store
- See the yearly Christmas window exhibit at the famous Smith & Caughey’s department store
- Check-in at pretty spectacular decorations which are in every corner of the city
- Have a sweet treat from the must-try local cafes such as Honest Chocolat, Little Lato, or Giapo
Christmas Trees Auckland
And if you’re staying at a friend’s or relative’s house in Auckland this Christmas, perhaps try buying them a present. The most impressive one is certainly a Christmas tree. So, here are the addresses to buy Christmas trees in Auckland in case you need them.
- St Nick’s Christmas Trees. You will be getting your tree within a day.
- Festivity Christmas Trees. Hand-picked and freshly cut pine trees for the holiday season
- Mount Gabriel Christmas Tree Farms. At their farms at Mangere Bridge and Drury, you can even cut your own favorite trees down
- Misa Christmas Tree Farm. This is the go-to Christmas tree site for Aucklanders as the store has been roughly for 80 years
- Mike’s Xmas Trees. This place offers mini trees of around 3 feet in case you didn’t have space for bigger ones
Related Posts You Can Read: