Here we are, the most wonderful time of year! There are plenty of fantastic bright parties around this period. Today, let’s head to the Netherlands to see the Amsterdam Light Festival 2022 and also find out the holding route.
What Is Amsterdam Light Festival?
This is an annual winter feast in Amsterdam. Its purpose is to illuminate the city’s waterways and streets with mesmerizing light installations by worldwide artists.
With over 35 large-scale installations spotted across the city center, there are certainly many joys to explore. And this is the eleventh season of the feast.
The Amsterdam Light Festival lasts for nearly 2 months, from the 1st of December to the 22nd of January next year.
The Ultimate Guide To Amsterdam Light Festival 2022
We’ve rounded up some frequently asked questions about this great winter festival. Check them out in case you have any questions.
Is The Festival Free?
Yes! It’s surprisingly free for people of all ages. You can take a walk, have a bike, or sail along the route to enjoy the luminous scenes.
Where To See The Lights?
You are talking about the Amsterdam Light Festival Route 2022, right?
The light spectacle is generally along the canals in the center of the city. There will be around 20 wondrous works of art there. So, the boat tour is the best suitable choice to admire the entire stunning sights.
However, if you just want to take a walk, it will be fine. Let’s head to the walking route along the Keizersgracht canal. This route is somewhat only for walkers.
There are also some special affairs in the broader area. For example, Frankendael park and the Hortus Botanicus botanical garden.
What About The Opening Hours?
The installations certainly are the best after dark. The walking route is available from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
You have to check their website for other one-time events and performances.
What Should You Wear When Visiting Amsterdam In Winter?
In fact, November in Amsterdam is extremely wet. Temperatures tend to lower toward the end of the month. The temperature is roughly 9°C with freezing lows of merely 4°C at night.
So, make sure to dress warm enough.
The Best Ways To Enjoy The Amsterdam Light Festival 2022
Since the lights are mainly along the canals, the best Amsterdam Light Festival Route is waterways. Let us show you some famous and must-try boat tours. Also, all of them depart on a daily basis and throughout the day.
- Amsterdam Light Festival Borrel Deluxe – Basically, the ticket price is €42.50 per person. The tour offers wine, beer, and luxe treats.
- Open Boat Tour – The open desks on this tour offer an unencumbered sight of the lights. The boat captain will guide the experience with historical facts about Amsterdam as well as information about the light shows. The sail lasts 75 minutes. The ticket price for an adult is €26.50, and €13.25 for children from 4 to 12.
- Amsterdam Light Festival Drinks on board – For this one, you’ll have to book in advance. There are warming snacks and drinks during the tour. One person has to pay €32.50 to get the ticket.
Other Events In Amsterdam In Winter, From October To December
Here are some notable events in November besides the Amsterdam Light Festival
- 5th of November – The all-night-long special event in Museumnacht held by the city’s cultural institutions
- From the 2nd to the 6th of November – International Storytelling Festival Amsterdam
- 13th of November – Sinterklaas
- From 17th to 28th of November – The International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam (IDFA).
And here we are the most wonderful time of the year, Christmas time!
- December – Amsterdam Light Festival
- Christmas Eve – Jolly times, marvelous markets, and good cheer
- 31st of December – New Year’s Eve
Related Posts You Can Read: