Are you looking for a place to enjoy a wonderful Christmas in Vancouver? In November and December 2022, the Jack Poole Plaza Christmas Market in downtown Vancouver is a wonderful spot to buy and celebrate the season with friends and family. Here are all you need to know before going to Vancouver Christmas Market, from dates to ticket and more.
Vancouver Christmas Market: A Very Popular Attraction In December
A lovely outdoor European-style market is the Vancouver Christmas Market. It’s wonderful for festive food and window shopping over the holidays. Additionally, it’s the ideal location for holiday shopping while sipping mulled wine!
A wide variety of sellers offering food and various Christmas-themed trinkets may be found at the market. Additionally, there is a children’s carnival carousel, hot non-alcoholic apple cider, and mulled wine (for those 19 and older).
The Vancouver Christmas Market is undoubtedly the best outdoor market in the Lower Mainland at this time of year, even without alcoholic beverages. There are also excellent ones, such as Vancouver’s regularly scheduled weekly winter farmers markets, which offer regional foods and handmade goods. But the Vancouver Christmas Market is a cut above the rest!
The German-themed Vancouver Christmas Market is open from mid-November to Christmas Eve. German beer steins, specialty soaps, chocolates, handicrafts, and craft-distilled spirits are just a few of the items you can purchase at the numerous European-style vendors. There are also a huge number of Christmas-themed stocking stuffer items. Generally speaking, product quality is very high.
In addition to all the retail booths, glühwein beverages, pretzels, schnitzels, and various pastries are typically available for purchase. Beer and a variety of other festive drinks are also available.
In 2018, there were more than 75 vendor huts, making it the biggest Vancouver Christmas Market in history. The 2019 version was comparable, if not superior. There were more than 80 suppliers in 2021.
The mulled wine and entertainment are recurring elements every year. A 30-foot walk-in Christmas tree with thousands of lights is brand-new as of 2017. Rides on the carousel were free as of 2021. Although donations to the Make-A-Wish charity were greatly appreciated. This year, too, the carousel is free!
Don’t miss Distillery Winter Village 2022: The Best Christmas Market In Toronto
Typical Zones At The Vancouver Christmas Market
Christmas Tree Terrace
The Tannenbaum Terrace, also known as the Christmas Tree Terrace, is located in the center of the arena, close to the Olympic Cauldron. Along with food and a stage for entertainment, you can enter the enormous Christmas tree there.
A couple of years ago, the Handwerkgasse, or Artisan Market, was located on the western end of the Vancouver Christmas Market. It is next to the Cactus Club restaurant. There were roughly 16 vendors selling anything from handcrafted wood and glasswork to artisanal liqueurs and chocolates.
The Marktplatz, along with its merchants, was located next to the market’s entrance in 2021. The carousel was also there.
The Kaufmannsgasse, also known as Merchant Alley, runs around the eastern perimeter of the venue, on the side closest to the Vancouver Convention Centre. Another half a dozen or so vendors are located there. Selling items such as natural handmade handicrafts, unique clothes, and imported beer steins.
Marktplatz Eats & Treats
The roughly 20 food and beverage sellers at the attraction are typically located in the Marktplatz’s center. However, the Tannenbaum Terrace neighborhood also has different food sellers.
Bratwurst sausages and cheese and potato raclette are frequent offerings at the market.
Waffles, German donuts, Belgian chocolates, and chimney cakes are common dessert options on the Marktplatz. There were also chocolate-covered marshmallows in the shape of shish kabobs in 2021. Craft beers, German beers, glühwein, schnapps, and hot apple cider were just a few drinks available.
The Alpine Lounge was a spacious indoor space with picnic tables near the north end of the Marktplatz, close to Burrard Inlet.
Vancouver Christmas Market 2022 Information
- Dates: November 12, 2022, through December 24, 2022
- Where: 1055 Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza, Vancouver
- Vancouver Christmas Market ticket: Prices start at $17.99 for adults, $14.99 for seniors (65+), $9.99 for teenagers (ages 7 to 17). Free for children under six. An annual pass, $35.99
Some Suggestions For You Before Visit Vancouver Christmas Market 2022
- The best times to visit are during live music scheduled times and when it is not raining (unless you want to avoid the crowds). However, it’s a fascinating location to explore at any time.
- Wear boots or other suitable waterproof footwear if it has been heavily raining, which frequently happens during this time of year. Jack Poole Plaza may have puddles following many days of very heavy rain.
- If it’s not too crowded, talk to the merchants. They make interesting conversations and have fascinating product tales.
- If you’re in the vicinity and the weather is nice, take a stroll through Canada Place before or after visiting the market. Although it’s not a particularly popular attraction, Christmas at Canada Place does offer some nice lights and decorations throughout December. The theater of FlyOver Canada, which features shows with a Christmas theme, is close by.